Chinese Language Program
Any foreigner or overseas Chinese who is interested in learning more about Mandarin language as well as Guizhou’s Ethnic Minority languages and culture is welcome to apply for study at Guizhou Normal University’s Chinese Language Program. Applicants must be between 16 and 65 years old, and must be recognized by law as a foreigner or overseas Chinese nationality.
DURATION OF STUDY
Duration of study ranges from as short as 2 to 4 weeks, to as long as one or two years. The academic year is made up of two semesters. The spring semester begins on March 1 and ends on July 30, and the fall semester begins on September 1 and ends on January 10 the following year.
The four-week Summer School generally is held during summer vacation of the school, that is, during June and August every year. Two-week Winter Course generally is organized during the month of January.
For organized groups, flexible time arrangements may be made through consultation.
Short-term study programs begin at any time during the academic year.
ARRANGEMENT OF CURRICULUM
This program is divided into beginner, intermediate, and advanced level classes, with five to seven students in each class. The curriculum focuses on listening, speaking, reading, and writing, as well as Chinese character practice, Chinese communication, Newspapers, and other classes. The program normally takes 1 or 2 semesters to complete. Based on individual needs as well as Chinese ability, students can also choose to take additional courses, such as Chinese vocabulary, business Chinese, HSK (Chinese Language Proficiency Test) preparation, Chinese culture, Chinese literature, classical Chinese, Chinese folk customs, calligraphy, and other classes.
1. Registration fee: RMB500/month
2.Text books fee: According to the fact
Tuition cannot be refunded when a student discontinues his or her studies for any reason after enrollment.
One month: 1800RMB
Two Month: 3500RMB
Tuition fees for short-term students are decided on the number of students, the number of weeks and class hours per week. Arrangement can be made through negotiation between students and the University.
Students are provided with accommodations in the International House on campus. New students are required to live in the House at least for one semester. After one semester, he or she can choose off campus living.
Single room: RMB800/month. Includes bed (pillows, sheets, blankets, etc.), closet, desk, chair, lamp, telephone, fan, TV, internet, private bathroom (hot water is available 24 hours/day).
1. Applicants can obtain a copy of the Application Form for Enrollment of International Students to Guizhou Normal University by means of correspondence, E-mail or fax or phone call;
2. The Filled-out Form should be mailed, emailed or faxed to the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation two months prior to the opening of school and the application fee can be sent through banks;
3. Apart from the application form, the rest of personal materials needed for application include:
* Letter of Financial Support from your bank financial guarantee
*Photocopy of Passport and Visa
*Photocopy of Diploma
4. Upon receiving the above documents, the Office will mail the applicants or their agents the Letter of Acceptance and Visa Application Form for Foreign Students to China (JW202);
5. In case of late application, a student may apply for a tourist visa to come to China. Upon his or her arrival, the university will assist the student in obtaining a student visa. In this case, a health check report is not needed before the student comes to China. But he/she should submit the rest documents to the Office in order to request a Letter of Acceptance. The student can obtain international certificate of health examination in Guiyang City with the help of the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation at a reasonable price, which will be accepted all over China for long Term residence
6. If the family members of students are coming together, they need to prepare:A. A copy of the front page of their valid passport;B. 6 copies of passport size photo;C. Health check reports by government authorized hospitals with stamp;D. Birth Certificate (for the children);E. Marriage Certificate (for the spouse).
1. All expenses are required to be paid in full at the time of registration.
2. Students are expected to arrive two days before the new semester begins. The Foreign Affairs Department needs to be informed of the date and flight number or train number of student’s arrival in advance so that a free picking-up can be arranged.